Friday, May 28, 2021

Sharing with Family - May 2021

 Sharing the Gospel with Family and Friends

Click on Images to see Larger View

The "Prince of Preachers," Charles Spurgeon said, "Have you no wish for others to be saved? Then you are not saved yourself. Be sure of that." A Christian cannot be apathetic about the salvation of the world. The love of God in him will motivate him to seek and save that which is lost. 



Although it would be nice to have a loved one say, "Tell me about your faith in Jesus Christ," that may never happen. You will have to gently and lovingly make an opportunity to speak to them. You may have only one shot, so pray for wisdom and sensitivity to God's timing.





When sharing the gospel with your loved ones, make sure you use the Law to gently address the conscience and bring the knowledge of sin inoffensively. An effective way to soften the message without compromise is to speak in the "first person" or in testimonial form. Say something like, "I didn't realize the Bible warns that for every idle word I have spoken, I will have to give an account on Judgment Day. I thought that as long as I believed in God and tried to live a good life, I would go to Heaven when I died. I was so wrong. 





Jesus said that if I as much as looked with lust, I had committed adultery in my heart, and that there was nothing I could do to wash away my sins. I knew that if God judged me by the Ten Commandments on Judgment Day, I would be guilty and end up in Hell. It was when I acknowledged my sins that I began to understand why Jesus died. It was to take the punishment for my sins and the sins of all others who would believe."






Then, depending on the person's openness, you may ask, "How do you think you will do on Judgment Day, if God judges you by the Ten Commandments?" Keep your cool, or you may end up with a lifetime of regret--believe me. Then share Christ in all of His amazing grace, explaining that if they will repent and believe, God will forgive them. Continue to persevere in prayer for them, that God would open their eyes to the truth.

(From "Save Yourself Some Pain," by Ray Comfort, available from Living Waters)





============================





For information on how you may participate in this outreach please contact Steve at email: ephesiansDELtwo8910@gmail.com. (In order to avoid automated spam replies I have added three letters in caps. Please DELete those letters before using this address to reply.) Thank you!

Maranatha!!


No comments:

Post a Comment