Monday, August 27, 2012

Burbank Follow-Up 8-26-12

 We've been having a great turnout of evangelists and a lot of good encounters at Burbank lately. The Lord has put it on my heart stay at Burbank Media Center every Saturday same time and place to build consistency and opportunity for others at our church to join us. Ruth and Ben have gone the past three Saturdays in a row along with the regulars: Mark, Sharon, Debbie, Dean, Sai, Steve and myself.

Steve was up on the box about 5 minutes before having this nice gentleman ask what seemed to be sincere questions about the bible.

 Ruth was handing out more of the Harvest Crusade invitations with tracts.

 The highlight for me was when I open aired and had Randy come up to the mic. He was just contensious enough to draw a pretty good sized crowd. The main truth that he found offensive was that Jesus is the ONLY WAY to heaven. I let him know that Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." - Jhn 14:6

I asked him if 2+2 could equal 5,6 or 7? When he said no I let him know how narrow minded and intolerant he was. ;) The question is not wether we LIKE what Jesus said but is what Jesus said TRUE?

This set him over the edge and he stormed off yelling.

Dean did a great job preaching. Afterwards several of us grabbed some pizza and went to watch the Dinesh D'Sousa movie 2016. The Lord has really been using this evangelism team to not only reach our town for Christ but to develop strong relationships with each other. We are truly becoming a little family.


"By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." - Jhn 13:35 





No comments:

Post a Comment