Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Valley of Vision - The Mover

If you have never read the book on Puritan prayers "The Valley of Vision" you must. All I can say to my shame is my prayer life is luke warm. Do I think "I will be heard for my many words"?

"Infinite wisdom cast the design of salvation
into the mould of purchase and freedom;
Let wrath deserved be written on the door of hell,
But the free gift of grace on the gate of heaven.
I know that my sufferings are the result of my sinning,
but in heaven both shall cease;
grant me to attain this haven and be done with sailing,
and may the gales of they mercy blow me safely into harbour.
Let thy love draw me nearer to thyself,
wean me from sin, mortify me to this world,
and make me ready for my departure hence.
Secure me by thy grace as I sail across this stormy sea."

Excerpt from - " The Mover"

No comments:

Post a Comment