Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Doctors Visit.... God's Sovereignty!


This was sent to me by a fellow evangelist and should encourage you all!
From an Anonymous Evangelist:


I gotta share what happened to me today.  I had to make a return trip to the doctor's office and this is about my 5th trip since the first of the year so they are getting familiar with me.  Well the Lord has laid it on my heart that I am missing the point when I go in there.  I have been only thinking of myself and not His purpose for me being there.  So today when I went in, I went determined to share the Gospel with 2 people, the girl who takes my blood pressure and my doctor.  I took two million dollar tracks.  After my blood pressure was recorded and small talk exchanged, I pulled out the million dollar bill and gave it to her.  I told her I was giving her a tip.  She proceeded to read the whole thing and then she looked at me and said "you would not believe how timely this is for me".  She was familiar with the Gospel because she grew up in the church, but she has not followed Christ.  I got to share the main points of the Gospel before she thanked me and had to go to her next patient. Then doctor came in.  When she (the doctor) was finished, she asked if there was anything else I needed and that was my cue.  I pulled out the track and gave it to her. She gazed at it and then questioned about whether there really was ever such a thing as a million dollar bill.  I told her no, but that this was a Gospel Tract.  She turned it over and read the whole thing.  I have never seen her stand still for that long.  I told her that it seemed that the Lord kept me coming in there because He has an agenda and it didn't really have anything to do with me being sick.  I got to speak briefly about the Gospel and she thanked me for sharing with her.  I share this for two reasons: 1.)  to show how we can have victory by just trusting in Christ and stepping out in obedience.  This was not easy for me.  You see it took 5 trips for the Lord to get through to me.  2.)  to encourage others that most people really do appreciate you taking the time to share with them.  Please pray for Annette and Karen.  May the Lord be glorified!

No comments:

Post a Comment