Thursday, February 26, 2009

Northridge College-2/26/09.


I was really blessed to go up to Northridge College today. I was desperately trying to find the "Free Speech Area". This is an area designated for guys like us who open air preach. They have a strict policy that only allows you to preach from 12:00-1:00 p.m. I was searching and searching all over the campus asking people where this place was. No one could show me. I was walking around handing out tracts, finally called Tony and he told me where to go. I thought I had found it right smack dab in the middle of the campus. With about 20 minutes to spare I started to preach... then a leaf blower guy showed up. I tried to preach over it...I kid you not ANOTHER leaf blower guy showed up. As I waited for them to leave a guy named Robert who was a professing Christian tried to politely discourage me from preaching! I tried to reason with him that it's biblical to do this and that God's word doesn't return void. The leaf blower guys went away and I preached for about 10 minutes. Tony showed up a little later and pointed out the area that I was supposed to preach! I HAD PREACHED IN THE WRONG SPOT!!! Oh well. God is sovereign. Over all I was blessed to hand out 400 tracts and share the gospel with a girl named Nikita and 2 Jehovah's Witnesses. 

"So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, But it shall accomplish what I please, And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

1 comment:

  1. Preach the word in season and out of season, in the free-speech zone and -- well, anywhere you can get away with it! =)

    ReplyDelete