Friday, February 27, 2009

A Rescue Mission at Burbank High-Part 3-Follow Up


Well... I wish I could say it was all good today. But there were some challenges. Sharon and I showed up and right when I started to open air I was approached by I think a security guard who told me to "move down the sidewalk," which I polity said "I believe this is public property and I'm allowed to do this." I tried to introduce myself and shake his hand... which he refused to do and walked away. So I kept preaching.

It went well... until I had a young boy (I'll just call him "Mike" for prayer sake) who came out and heckled me with THE most vile, profane, blasphemies I have ever heard. Ever. I'll admit it, there was some fire kindled in me and I preached even harder on "For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." Also I let "Mike" know that I would pray for him and that Jesus died for his sins and warned him that one day he will meet the God who he just blasphemed. A scripture that I believe the Spirit gave me at that moment was "Fatherforgive them, for they do not know what they do." When that was said I felt more compassion for him. PLEASE PRAY EXTRA FOR "MIKE". You could feel it today; the enemy was mad that we were there. On a positive note 2 girls came up to us and were very encouraging. Also Sharon got to witness to Damon who was a Mormon.

1 comment:

  1. Please pray for Damon who professes to be a mormon. At first he didn't want the track and was a little hostile to even talking, but for some reason (The Lord) he stayed and we talked for at least 30 minutes. Before he left he reached for the track.

    ReplyDelete